Article by Mitch Lawson - Follow Mitch on Twitter!
It’s fantasy championship week!
Grind your axes, because it’s time to chop down the competition. In order to make that happen for you, I’ve compiled my full list of all the fantasy rankings for week 16.
As always, these are PPR rankings. So more stock will be taken in targets and catches when I put these lists together.
Let’s kick things off right away with the Quarterbacks.
Sleeper QB for Week 16: Blake Bortles @ SF – Blake Bortles has been playing lights out for weeks, and now he actually gets a fantastic matchup. He’s got another weapon in Keelan Cole and Dede Westbrook should also be a focal point. Fournette is also a receiving option which helps Bortles avoid being vulture for TDs. I am predicting 330 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs
Bust QB for Week 16: Nick Foles vs OAK – That’s right, from sleeper last week to bust this week. Foles is a guy I’m recommending as a full stop. Why? Well first off he has a worse matchup this time around. There’ve been rumours that the Eagles will rest their starters as they have almost guaranteed the #1 NFC seed. There’s also the fact that he’s unlikely to score another 4 TDs, and his yardage against the weak Giants did not impress. I’m benching him in all leagues and predicting he comes away with 220 yards, 1 TD and 2 INTs
- Russell Wilson (SEA) @ DAL — Wilson was disappointing last week, but he’s been super reliable all year long and gets a much better matchup against the Cowboys. With Zeke back, the Cowboys will likely keep it close and force Seattle to make big plays. Start him with confidence
- Blake Bortles (JAX) @ SF — My sleeper of the week. Bortles has a great matchup and looks to have at least one more weapon in his arsenal with Keelan Cole. He’s a guy you should be starting over almost everyone, as he might have a massive game against a 49ers Defense that is very vulnerable
- Tom Brady (NE) @ BUF — He is healthy and so is most of this offense, but Brady has now put up 3 straight disappointing games. It’s imaginable that many of his fantasy owners are out of the playoffs at this point. But he will be better this week as he learns from his mistakes in week 13.
- Phillip Rivers (LAC) @ NYJ — He struggled last week but he’s a great pick to perform well in week 16 against the Jets, who have nothing to play for at this point.
- Cam Newton (CAR) vs TB — Cam Newton was impressive last week and he gets another strong matchup, he’s a decent QB1 for the championship week.
- Ben Roethlisberger (PIT) @ HOU — He loses Antonio Brown, but Smith-Schuster and Bryant are capable receivers. It should also help that the Texans are pathetic at defending the pass.
- Drew Brees (NO) @ ATL — Drew Brees has been getting vultured by his super-talented running backs. He’s got a low ceiling but he’s regularly throwing for 300 yards. He’s not likely to burn you in this divisional matchup.
- Case Keenum (MIN) @ GB — Keenum has been rock solid this whole season. He now gets a great matchup and should be able to put up a QB1 stat line.
- Jared Goff (LAR) @ TEN — Goff hasn’t been spectacular recently but he has a great chance to bust out again this week against the Titans.
- Alex Smith (KC) vs MIA — With Hunt looking fantastic, Alex Smith might have more room to work against the Dolphins. Be cautious however, he is always a bust risk.
- Kirk Cousins (WAS) vs DEN — Cousins needs a strong performance against a decent Denver Defense in order to come through with fantasy relevance.
- Matt Ryan (ATL) @ NO — Matt Ryan has had a mediocre season and shouldn’t be trusted in championship week.
- Tyrod Taylor (BUF) @ NE — I wouldn’t want to have to trust Tyrod this week, however he has a plus matchup against a division rival
- Dak Prescott (DAL) vs SEA — with Elliot back he has some of the old but he still has to face a decent Hawks defense.
- Nick Foles (PHI) vs OAK — My bust of the week. Could struggle if he doesn’t find The End Zone enough and might get benched.
- Joe Flacco (BAL) vs IND — Back-end QB2, I’d be worried about trusting him.
- Matt Stafford (DET) @ CIN
- Jameis Winston (TB) @ CAR
- Marcus Mariota (TEN) vs LAR
- Derek Carr (OAK) @ PHI
- Jimmy Garoppolo (SF) vs JAX
- Andy Dalton (CIN) vs DET
- DeShone Kizer (CLE) @ CHI
- Eli Manning (NYG) @ ARI
- Brett Hundley (GB) vs MIN
Sleeper WR for Week 16: Juju Smith-Schuster @ HOU – With Antonio Brown out Smith Schuster is a top end option in PPR. He’s already being targeted well, and he’s likely to see another 5 targets with AB out. He’s likely to have a big game. My prediction for him is 9 catches for 110 yards and a TD.
- DeAndre Hopkins (HOU) vs PIT — There’s no Antonio Brown this week, so Hopkins is my #1. Hopkins is matchup proof and gets targeted more than any other WR in football.
- Keenan Allen (LAC) @ NYJ — Allen is 100% healthy and he’s a target machine. In PPR it’s almost impossible to do better.
- Michael Thomas (NO) vs ATL — Michael Thomas is the main target for one of the most pass happy QBs. He’s a strong WR play for the championships.
- Adam Thielen (MIN) @ GB — Thielen was disappointing this past week, but he’s bound to bounce back against a Packer team that has nothing left to play for.
- Julio Jones (ATL) @ NO — Julio is always a risk for a bad game, but in a division rivalry and a playoff race, there’s not much better out there.
- A.J. Green (CIN) vs DET — AJ Green may not be as dominant as he once was, but he’ll remain the top target in Cincinatti and should be a WR1 this week.
- Brandin Cooks (NE) vs BUF — Cooks hasn’t been fantastic in the past weeks, but I’m predicting a bounce back for Brady which is great news for Cooks.
- Doug Baldwin (SEA) @ DAL — Baldwin had a terrible week last week. But he’s going to bounce back as the Seahawks fight for a playoff spot.
- JuJu Smith Schuster (PIT) @ HOU — He’s been playing extremely well, the Steelers are shooting for a #1 AFC berth against the NFL’s worst pass defense. He’s a great option in week 16.
- Marvin Jones Jr. (DET) @ CIN — Marvin has been fantastic all year.
- Larry Fitzgerald (ARI) vs NYG — It might be difficult for owners to go back to Fitz again after 2 bad weeks, but his volume and his matchup against the Giants bode well for a bounce back game.
- Martavis Bryant (PIT) @ HOU — Bryant could be fantastic with AB out. He is the speedy option that might be a better replacement for AB, but he’ll be reliant on a big play or two.
- Devin Funchess (CAR) vs TB — Funchess disappointed last week but he’s primed for a bounceback against the Bucs.
- Tyreek Hill (KC) vs MIA — Tyreek Hill is fairly boom or bust. Miami should probably focus on Hill, making him reliant on a huge play in order to justify a start. Ceiling is sky high though.
- Dede Westbrook (JAX) @ SF — With Marquise Lee out, Westbrook should be a solid WR2 with WR1 upside in an exploitable matchup.
- Jarvis Landry (MIA) @ KC — Cutler was awful last week, so Landry will be dependent on Cutler improving his game in order to pay off.
- Stefon Diggs (MIN) @ GB — Diggs had a good game last week, and if he can continue to convert almost all of his targets he could be a great play this week.
- Robert Woods (LAR) @ TEN — Woods was able to produce a double-digit performance against the Seahawks, he’ll be a good bet to duplicate that this week.
- Mike Evans (TB) @ CAR — Evans finally came back to life last week and gets one last chance to lift his fantasy owners to glory.
- Alshon Jeffery PHI vs OAK — Jeffery will have a lower ceiling with Foles under center, his 10.5 points last week will be hard to beat.
- Keelan Cole (JAX) @ SF — Cole has been great recently, look for him to keep rolling against the 9ers.
- Michael Crabtree (OAK) @ PHI
- Golden Tate (DET) @ CIN
- Mike Wallace (BAL) vs IND
- Dez Bryant (DAL) vs SEA
- Mohamad Sanu (ATL) @ NO
- Sterling Shepard (NYG) @ ARI
- Marquise Goodwin (SF) vs JAX
- Josh Gordon (CLE) @ CHI
- Robby Anderson (NYJ) vs LAC
- Demaryius Thomas (DEN) @ WAS
- T.Y. Hilton (IND) @ BAL
- Cooper Kupp (LAR) @ TEN
- Chris Hogan (NE) vs BUF
- Jamison Crowder (WAS) vs DEN
- Paul Richardson (SEA) @ DAL
- Rishard Matthews (TEN) vs LAR
- Sammy Watkins (LAR) @ TEN
- Tyrell Williams (LAC) @ NYJ
- Randall Cobb (GB) vs MIN
Sleeper RB for Week 16: Christian McCaffrey vs TB – McCaffrey saw 7 targets last week and he put up an impressive line. He’ll be leaned on as the Panthers try and clinch the division, and he’s a solid RB2 in PPR for fantasy championship week. I’m predicting 135 yards, 6 catches and a TD.
Bust RB for Week 16: Jordan Howard vs CLE – Jordan Howard has had some good games recently, but I’d hate to have to trust him this week. The Browns aren’t bad against the run and the Bears have nothing left to play for. There’s zero reason to expect a workhorse game this week, so he’s an RB3. I’m predicting 45 yards and 2 catches, 0 TDs.
- Le’Veon Bell (PIT) @ HOU — LeVeon could see an uptick in receptions with Antonio Brown out. Let that sink in. He’s a lock to put up RB1 numbers and could single-handedly win you your league.
- Todd Gurley (LAR) @ TEN — Gurley is a fantastic RB and should be an elite option again in fantasy championship week.
- Ezekiel Elliott (DAL) vs SEA — Zeke is back, and if you actually held him and made the finals, you’re staring a championship dead in the face.
- Alvin Kamara (NO) vs ATL — Kamara is starting to come back to life after missing a game in week 14. He’s a Top 5 PPR option
- LeSean McCoy (BUF) @ NE — McCoy is a must-start. But this week he gets a great matchup too, so he’s a potential #1 RB for week 16.
- Kareem Hunt (KC) vs MIA — If you made the playoffs with Hunt and started him, he likely took you to the finals. He’ll be on many championship rosters.
- Leonard Fournette (JAX) @ SF — It looks as if Fournette will be good to go. Great news for his owners, as he faces a poor defense.
- Kenyan Drake (MIA) @ KC — Dolphins fans missing Jay Ajayi? Not at all. Drake has been fantastic as the starter. Even if Williams somehow plays, Drake is an RB1.
- Melvin Gordon (LAC) vs NYJ — Gordon has been picking up his game in the past few weeks. His role in the passing game gives him TD upside with Hunter Henry out.
- Devonta Freeman (ATL) @ NO — Freeman thrived last week without Coleman around. Expect the Falcons to go back to the well with Freeman and give him around 20 total touches. He’s a back-end RB1 with great upside.
- Dion Lewis (NE) vs BUF — Lewis has been playing well recently. With the injury to Burkhead he will be on the RB1/RB2 borderline.
- Christian McCaffrey (CAR) vs TB — McCaffrey is my sleeper this week in PPR. He was a fantastic weapon last week and he’ll look to duplicate against the Bucs.
- Mark Ingram (NO) vs ATL — Seeing around 16 touches per game, Ingram is always a risk for a bust if he can’t break a big play. But he should be usable even against a tough Falcons defense.
- Alex Collins (BAL) vs IND — Collins was disappointing last week, but the Colts will give him much more room to run.
- Latavius Murray (MIN) @ GB — McKinnon is eating into his value but he’s a solid RB2 in a good matchup.
- Jordan Howard (CHI) vs CLE — Jordan Howard’s fantasy relevance has been spotty at best. I doubt he will see a heavy workload in a meaningless game.
- Joe Mixon (CIN) vs DET — He should bounce back against a poor Lions run defense.
- Lamar Miller (HOU) vs PIT — Miller has a less-than-ideal matchup and his play has been unreliable this year, but he’s startable due to volume alone.
- Jamaal Williams (GB) vs MIN
- Kerwynn Williams (ARI) vs NYG
- Carlos Hyde (SF) vs JAX
- Jay Ajayi (PHI) vs OAK
- Theo Riddick (DAL) vs SEA
- DeMarco Murray (TEN) vs LAR
- Mike Davis (SEA) @ DAL
- Jerrick McKinnon (MIN) @ GB
- Samaje Perine (WAS) vs DEN
- Duke Johnson Jr. (CLE) @ CHI
- Isaiah Crowell (CLE) @ CHI
- Frank Gore (IND) @ BAL
- CJ Anderson (DEN) @ WAS
- Tevin Coleman (ATL) @ NO
- Derrick Henry (TEN) vs LAR
- Jonathon Stewart (CAR) vs TB
- Peyton Barber (TB) @ CAR
- Rod Smith (DAL) vs SEA
- Bilal Powell (NYJ) vs LAC
- Giovani Bernard (CIN) vs DET
- Rob Gronkowski (NE) vs BUF – Gronk is always a solid start, and he’ll have blowup potential against the Bills as the Patriots look to earn a top spot in the AFC.
- Zach Ertz (PHI) vs OAK – Ertz was a security blanket for Foles as he tried to move the chains, in PPR he’s a Top 3 option.
- Travis Kelce (KC) vs MIA – Kelce will likely be leaned on as the Chiefs aim for a playoff spot, the Dolphins are exploitable.
- Delanie Walker (TEN) vs LAR – Delanie Walker is totally dependable, but his ceiling might be capped against a tough Rams defense.
- Jimmy Graham (SEA) @ DAL -Graham owners might be reluctant to trust him but I like his chances to find the endzone against Dallas.
- Evan Engram (NYG) @ ARI – Engram finally got some steady targets, he gets the Eagles in week 16 as Spagnola tries to prove he can handle this team.
- Greg Olson (CAR) vs TB – Hmmm, maybe Olson isn’t washed up after all. He’s a potential Top TE this week.
- Eric Ebron (DET) @ CIN – Ebron is sneaking up the leaderboards, but he needs to find the endzone to be worth it.
- Kyle Rudolph (MIN) @ GB – He was banged up after last game but he should be a reliable option
- Jack Doyle (IND) @ BAL
- Jared Cook (OAK) @ PHI
- Jason Witten (DAL) vs SEA
- Vernon Davis (WAS) vs DEN
- OJ Howard (TB) @ CAR
- Stephen Gostkowski (NE) vs BUF
- Wil Lutz (NO) vs ATL
- Justin Tucker (BAL) vs IND
- Matt Bryant (ATL) @ NO
- Kai Forbath (MIN) @ GB
- Matt Prater (DET) @ CIN
- Harrison Butker (KC) vs MIA
- Chris Boswell (PIT) @ HOU
- Robbie Gould (SF) vs JAX
- Jake Elliott (PHI) vs OAK
Those are my PPR rankings for the championship week. I hope you all go out there and win your fantasy league.
Be sure to tweet me if your teams win it all, and I’ll be sure to help you brag to your network about your dominance.
Best of luck, and thanks as always for reading. Take care, football fans.
Mitch Lawson is a Canadian based Fantasy Football enthusiast and lifelong Seahawks fan. If you have questions or comments, send him an email at
You can also find him on: