Article by Mitch Lawson - Follow Mitch on Twitter!
The first round of the fantasy playoffs is completely over, and those who remain are one win away from a championship berth.
It’s time to get your lineup kicked into shape, and there are no room for mistakes. In order to help, I’ve compiled a complete ranking of the Top 145 Fantasy options heading into the semi-finals.
As always this is a PPR article, so heed that in mind as we move forward with the rankings.
Let’s start with the QBs...
Sleeper QB for Week 14: Blake Bortles vs HOU – Bortles has been red hot recently, and the Texans will be completely helpless to stop it. I think he has 3+ TD potential in a game that could help Jacksonville earn a playoff spot. I’m predicting 335 yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs
Bust QB for Week 14: Jared Goff @ SEA – These matchups against the Seahawks tend to be defensive battles. Not only that, he has had extended periods of inadequate passing. The Seahawks D, Goff’s recent struggles and potential bad weather could spell a bust for the semi-finals. I’m predicting 205 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.
- Tom Brady @ PIT – He has struggled over the last two weeks, but this matchup could be a shootout. He’ll be a bounce back story.
- Phillip Rivers @ KC – Rivers has shot up the rankings recently, and should continue to do so against the lowly Chiefs.
- Drew Brees @ NYJ – Brees has a fantastic matchup and is playing great football as of late, he manages to be my #3 QB for Week 15.
- Ben Roethlisberger vs NE – Big Ben always seems to show up big for marquis matchups. This is one of those, he’s a Top 5 QB.
- Cam Newton vs GB ¬– Newton has made waves with some great passing along with long runs. He’s a great choice against the weak Packer defense.
- Russell Wilson vs LAR – The Rams always tighten up their defense against the Seahawks, plus the weather might be soupy.
- Aaron Rodgers @ CAR – He’s finally back, and he’s an instant QB1 even if it’s true that he’s less than 100%.
- Blake Bortles vs HOU – I think Bortles could have himself a fantastic game against the rock-bottom Texans D.
- Kirk Cousins vs ARI – He’s slipped down rankings boards recently, but he has a good matchup. Weather might be a factor.
- Matt Ryan @ TB – It’s been a disappointing season for Ryan, but this is a good matchup against a divisional rival.
- Case Keenum vs CIN
- Jimmy Garoppolo vs TEN
- Nick Foles @ NYG – Foles is no Wentz, but he’s no DeShone Kizer. He’ll have a good game.
- Dak Prescott @ OAK – Prescott misses Elliott badly, but this is his last week without him.
- Matt Stafford vs CHI – He is often within the Top 10, but this is a rough matchup.
- Jared Goff @ SEA – My bust for this week, Goff will have his handful on the road in Seattle.
- Jameis Winston vs ATL
- Marcus Mariota @ SF
- Derek Carr vs DAL
- Andy Dalton @ MIN
- DeShone Kizer vs BAL
- Tyrod Taylor vs MIA
- Joe Flacco @ CLE
- Alex Smith vs LAC
- Jay Cutler @ BUF
Sleeper WR for Week 15: Dede Westbrook vs HOU – He has improved in each of his 4 games since he debuted. He’s a talented receiver with big play ability and he gets an absolutely awesome matchup in week 15. He could be the guy you need in order to get to the fantasy finals. I’m predicting 8 catches for 105 yards and a TD.
Bust WR for Week 15: Josh Gordon vs BAL – It’s hard not to play Gordon. He found the end zone and his hype has never been higher. But he’s simply stuck in a terrible offense, Kizer has failed to complete even 40% of his passes to Gordon. This week will be really tough one on the exciting WR. My prediction is 4 catches for 45 yards and 0 TDs
- Antonio Brown (PIT) vs NE – Again, AB is my #1 receiver. In PPR leagues there’s nobody better, plus he gets a great matchup in a potential shootout.
- Keenan Allen (LAC) @ KC – He’s red hot, he’s in a playoff race, and he’s got a fantastic matchup. Fire him up.
- Michael Thomas (NO) vs NYJ -The speedy Thomas has a juicy matchup. Look for a big game.
- DeAndre Hopkins (HOU) @ JAX – Third string QB? Who cares. Hopkins did most of his damage last week with TJ Yates. He’s unbelievably productive.
- A.J. Green (CIN) @ MIN – Green has a bad matchup but remains a Top 5 PPR play.
- Julio Jones (ATL) @ TB- He’s bound to get plenty of targets in a plus matchup.
- Brandin Cooks (NE) @ PIT - I’d be surprised if he doesn’t find the end zone this week against the Steelers.
- Adam Thielen (MIN) vs CIN – This is not a friendly matchup and Thielen has looked a little more mortal these days.
- Doug Baldwin (SEA) vs LAR – Baldwin has the NFL’s hottest QB, he’ll remain a WR1 due to his upside week in and week out.
- Jarvis Landry (MIA) @ BUF -It’s a bad matchup on paper, but his redzone efficiency and decent floor help him overcome that.
- Devin Funchess (CAR) vs GB – Funchess will be a focal point of a Panthers team that needs to contend with the return of AR12.
- Davante Adams (GB) @ CAR – Rodgers is back, this makes Adams a super-enticing pick. He gets an uptick, as does Jordy Nelson (in a big way).
- Dez Bryant (DAL) @ OAK ¬– Most weeks I think Dez is just an overrated diva, some weeks he proves me wrong. He’s a risky option against Oakland in week 15.
- Larry Fitzgerald (ARI) @ WAS – Outside of PPR leagues, he’s a WR3. But with his potential for 10+ catches he’ll remain in the WR1/2 discussion.
- Michael Crabtree (OAK) vs DAL – Cooper is expected to sit again, which makes Crabtree a plus play in PPR.
- Jordy Nelson @ CAR – The return of Rodgers might resurrect Nelson’s 2017.
- Golden Tate (DET) vs CHI – Against a tough defense, a slot receiver like Tate could actually find a decent PPR outing.
- Tyreek Hill (KC) vs LAC -This good be one of Hill’s disappointing games as he faces a tough pass defense.
- Marvin Jones Jr. (DET) vs CHI – He’ll face tight coverage and gets a slight downgrade this week.
- Alshon Jeffery PHI @ NYG – I think Foles can keep Jeffery a WR2/3
- Dede Westbrook (JAX) vs HOU – My week 15 sleeper, Westbrook has serious potential against Houston’s barrel-bottom defense.
- Demaryius Thomas (DEN) @ IND – He’s remained a fantasy entity while Sanders is slipping away.
- Mike Evans (TB) vs ATL – Yeah Evans could burn me here as he is listed low, but he’s had a pretty bad year.
- Marquise Lee (JAX) vs HOU – Dede isn’t the only Jaguars receiver worth starting this week.
- Josh Gordon (CLE) vs BAL – Josh is my bust this week. Sorry believers, but he is missing some chemistry with his second-rate QB.
- Marquise Goodwin (SF) vs TEN
- Stefon Diggs (MIN) vs CIN
- Jamison Crowder (WAS) vs ARI
- JuJu Smith Schuster (PIT) vs NE
- Mohamed Sanu (ATL) @ TB
- T.Y. Hilton (IND) vs DEN
- Cooper Kupp (LAR) @ SEA
- Robby Anderson (NYJ) @ NO
- Robert Woods (LAR) @ SEA
- Sterling Shepard (NYG) vs PHI
- Chris Hogan (NE) @ PIT
- Mike Wallace (BAL) @ CLE
- Paul Richardson (SEA) vs LAR
- Rishard Matthews (TEN) @ SF
- Sammy Watkins (LAR) @ SEA
Sleeper RB for Week 14 — Theo Riddick vs. CHI – Riddick was awesome in a feature role, and he has some great upside in the passing game. He’ll likely be relied on to move the chains against the sturdy Bears defense. My prediction is 105 yards, 6 catches, 1 TD.
Bust RB for Week 14 — Carlos Hyde vs TEN - The Titans are getting into the backfield better than any team in the NFL right now, racking up 20 sacks and a plethora of tackles for losses over the last 3 weeks. Hyde’s decreased role in the passing game is also very disconcerting. He’s a very risky pick. My prediction is 45 yards, 2 catches, 0 TDs.
- Le’Veon Bell (PIT) vs NE - Bell is a no-brainer RB1, and his matchup is fantastic as well. Roll him out with great confidence.
- Alvin Kamara (NO) vs NYJ - Kamara looks like he’s ready to go, and that means a potential blowup game as usual.
- LeSean McCoy (BUF) vs MIA – McCoy has been unreal lately, he’s finding holes and exploiting defenses left and right. Shady is a great play this week against the weak Dolphins D.
- Todd Gurley (LAR) @ SEA - He’s got a tough matchup but his impressive season and upside make him impossible to list as anything but a high-end RB1.
- Kenyan Drake (MIA) @ BUF – Kenyan Drake is showing that the Dolphins were genius for letting Ajayi go in order to clear the way. He’s a very solid RB1 in PPR.
- Melvin Gordon (LAC) @ KC – He’s playing at a high level and he has a great matchup, Gordon is a no-brainer RB1.
- Leonard Fournette (JAX) vs HOU - Fournette looked a little banged up after this last game. He should be at or near 100%, but monitor his situation very carefully.
- Devonta Freeman (ATL) @ TB – Freeman looks to be running solid and is being fed the ball. He’s an RB1 again in week 15.
- Mark Ingram (NO) vs NYJ – Ingram will have a lower ceiling with Kamara back in. But he’s still a decent RB play against the Jets.
- Kareem Hunt (KC) vs LAC – Hunt had a resurgence of sorts, and he’ll need to be a central part of the offense if the Chiefs are going to sustain long drives.
- Christian McCaffrey (CAR) vs GB – McCaffrey is a PPR dream, but even he has limits. He settles in as a high-end RB2
- Jamaal Williams (GB) @ CAR – Williams should remain in a big workload with Rodgers under center.
- Jordan Howard (CHI) @ DET – Howard had his best game of the season last week but he’ll be in tighter quarters against the Lions.
- Rex Burkhead (NE) @ PIT – Burkhead is a weekly potential Top 10 with his PPR upside.
- Alex Collins (BAL) @ CLE – Collins has been trending up for the last few weeks. He’s an RB2 again for this week.
- Marshawn Lynch (OAK) vs DAL – Beast mode is showing he still has gas left in the tank these days. He’s a decent RB2 against Dem Boyz
- Alfred Morris (DAL) @ OAK – Rod Smith destroyed his fantasy day, but he should bounce back against the porous Raiders defense.
- Jay Ajayi (PHI) @ NYG – Foles may utilize Ajayi more than Wentz did, I like his chances to jump into RB2 territory this week.
- Carlos Hyde (SF) vs TEN – My bust for this week, he’ll likely be in many lineups anyway and that’s fine. But be warned he is looking like a shaky play this week.
- Kerwynn Williams (ARI) @ WAS – He’d be higher on this ranking if he had any value in the passing game.
- Lamar Miller (HOU) @ JAX – Hard to tell what type of game this will be for Miller. I’m guessing disappointing.
- Dion Lewis (NE) @ PIT - Lewis has more value in standard scoring leagues, but he’s a serviceable Flex play in PPR.
- Latavius Murray (MIN) vs CIN - He should bounce back against the Bengals.
- Samaje Perine (WAS) vs ARI – Back to back bad games would have me worried heading into the semis.
- Duke Johnson Jr. (CLE) vs BAL – He’s a FLEX, but in PPR only.
- Jerrick McKinnon (MIN) vs CIN
- Isaiah Crowell (CLE) vs BAL
- DeMarco Murray (TEN) @ SF
- Frank Gore (IND) vs DEN
- Theo Riddick (DAL) vs CHI
- CJ Anderson (DEN) @ IND
- Joe Mixon (CIN) @ MIN
- Tevin Coleman (ATL) @ TB
- Derrick Henry (TEN) @ SF
- Mike Davis (SEA) vs LAR
- Jonathon Stewart (CAR) vs GB
- Peyton Barber @ ATL
- Rod Smith (DAL) @ OAK
- Bilal Powell (NYJ) @ NO
- Giovani Bernard (CIN) @ MIN
- Rob Gronkowski (NE) @ PIT – Gronk returns from a one game suspension and is instantly the top TE this week.
- Zach Ertz (PHI) @ NYG – Ertz has cleared concussion protocol and could be leaned on as Foles aims to sustain drives in his first start of 2017.
- Travis Kelce (KC) vs LAC – This is my first time listing Kelce outside the Top 2. But his matchup is tough this week.
- Delanie Walker (TEN) @ SF – His floor is better than some TE2 ceilings. He’s a strong play this week.
- Hunter Henry (LAC) @ KC – Henry is shaping up as a future stud at Tight End. He’s a decent TE1.
- Jimmy Graham (SEA) vs LAR – He’s as TD dependent as any TE. Good thing he scores so often.
- Evan Engram (NYG) vs PHI – Engram will continue to have decent fantasy value as the only worthwhile offensive weapon that Eli Manning has.
- Kyle Rudolph (MIN) vs CIN — Questionable, Ankle – Monitor his status, if he is healthy he’s a middling TE option.
- Jack Doyle (IND) vs DEN
- Jared Cook (OAK) vs DAL
- Jason Witten (DAL) @ OAK
- Eric Ebron (DET) vs CHI
- Vernon Davis (WAS) vs ARI
- Adam Shaheen (CHI) @ DET
- OJ Howard (TB) vs ATL
- Jaguars vs. HOU
- Saints vs. NYJ
- Ravens @ CLE
- Vikings vs. CIN
- Eagles @ NYG
- Broncos @ IND
- Bills vs MIA
- Lions vs CHI
- Chargers @ KC
- Redskins vs ARI
- Falcons @ TB
- Seahawks vs LAR
- Cowboys @ OAK
- Titans @ SF
- Cardinals @ WAS
- Stephen Gostkowski (NE) @ PIT
- Wil Lutz (NO) vs NYJ
- Justin Tucker (BAL) @ CLE
- Greg Zuerlein (LAR) @ SEA
- Matt Bryant (ATL) @ TB
- Matt Prater (DET) vs CHI
- Harrison Butker (KC) vs LAC
- Chris Boswell (PIT) vs NE
- Dan Bailey (DAL) @ OAK
- Jake Elliott (PHI) @ NYG
Those are my PPR rankings for Week 15! I hope that this steers you towards fantasy glory and that you’ll be back to heed my advice ahead of championship week.
Take care, football fans!
How to contact Mitch!
Mitch Lawson is a Canadian based Fantasy Football enthusiast and lifelong Seahawks fan. If you have questions or comments, send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find him on: