Article by Mitch Lawson - Follow Mitch on Twitter!
The 2017 regular season is OVER. This week marks the start of the playoffs for 95% of fantasy leagues. For those who have meaningful football to watch this week, congratulations.
It’s not easy to make the fantasy playoffs. Even with the amount of time I’ve spent poring over stats and waiver wires I almost missed the playoffs in two of my 4 leagues. No matter how much you think you know, there are injuries, suspensions and just plain bad luck to contend with.
But you’ve made it, and you can get your lineups straight you might just win this thing.
So sit up straight! Class is in session. I’m breaking down each position into full PPR rankings so you can prepare yourself for fantasy glory!
Let’s start with the QBs
**Sleeper QB for Week 14: Josh McCown @ DEN ** —There’s a comeback story every year, but Josh McCown’s has been especially surprising. McCown is a 38 year-old with a career passer rating of 81, who is now playing for his 10th franchise. He had never started all 16 games of a season and had thrown for no more than 13 TDs in a season. Well… He’s started each game this season and has already thrown 18 TDs and only 8 interceptions. Not only that, he has had back-to-back 300 yard, 3 TD games. He should be able to find some success against a Denver defense that is on a serious decline thanks to being regularly put in bad spots by their offense.
Bust QB for Week 14: Cam Newton vs MIN – Cam Newton had been on the rise, but he’s going to hit a wall this week. Four of his last 5 games he has thrown for less than 200 yards, and he has rushed for less than 50 in his last two as well. Now he has to face the Vikings, who have been really stingy in all aspects of their defense. There’s a chance Newton comes away with zero touchdowns this week, which would be a huge problem for fantasy owners. He’s a recommended sit for me this week.
- Tom Brady @ MIA – Playing great football for several weeks, now Brady gets to face a below average defense. He’s the #1 QB for me this week.
- Carson Wentz @ LAR – Wentz is one of the more reliable QBs in fantasy. He has a tough matchup but I like his chances to have a decent game despite the Rams defense.
- Russell Wilson @ JAX – The Jaguars might be the best defense in fantasy football, but they’ve never faced any better than the #8 QB, now they face the #1. Wilson will utilize his entire offense and his scrambling ability to pull out a good fantasy day.
- Drew Brees @ ATL – Brees gets a divisional matchup against a decent defense, his stats would be better if he wasn’t vulture for 3 rushing TDs last week. He’s a Top 5 QB.
- Phillip Rivers vs WAS – Rivers is a great play this week. Since the resurgence of Keenan Allen he is a QB1
- Alex Smith vs OAK – Smith will look to replicate his earlier matchup against the Raiders. He’s one of the few startable QBs in a plus matchup this week.
- Jared Goff vs PHI – Goff is in tough this week. He has been slowly slipping down the weekly leaderboards, and the Eagles are a great defensive unit.
- Josh McCown @ DEN – My sleeper of the week, McCown will exploit a faltering Denver defense after back-to-back 300 yard games.
- Kirk Cousins @ LAC – Cousins has a tough game ahead of him, but he’s still a QB1, albeit a risky one.
- Dak Prescott vs NYG — Questionable — Hand ¬– If Dak starts he represents a shaky and borderline QB1, hopefully your playoffs don’t depend on him.
- Matt Ryan vs. NO – Ryan might benefit from a divisional matchup at home, but he’s not been nearly as efficient as he was last season.
- Matt Stafford @ TB — Questionable — Hand – Stafford had his throwing hand injured an it swelled up immensely, monitor his week carefully.
- Case Keenum @ CAR – The panthers are tough, maybe Keenum is tougher.
- Ben Roethlisberger vs BAL – Usually a QB1, Roethlisberger should be avoided.
- Jameis Winston vs DET – He looked great last week, the Lions are a tough unit though.
- Cam Newton vs MIN – My bust of the week, I’d avoid Cam in a brutal matchup/
- Marcus Mariota @ ARI – I’d only trust him in 2 QB leagues.
- Derek Carr @ KC
- Andy Dalton vs CHI
- DeShone Kizer vs GB
- Trevor Siemian vs NYJ
- Brett Hundley @ CLE
- Blake Bortles vs SEA
- Jay Cutler vs NE
Sleeper WR for Week 14 — Michael Crabtree (OAK) @ KC: Amari Cooper looks like he is going to miss Week 14, which makes Crabtree a serious threat to score big. Also, Marcus Peters has been suspended by the chiefs which should open things up for Crabtree nicely. This is a potential blowup game for the veteran.
Bust WR for Week 14 — Mike Evans (TB) vs DET: Mike Evans has been on steady decline for the last 3 weeks, now he has to face a very tough Lions defense. With question marks all over this offense, he’s a WR that could cost you dearly if you start him this week.
- DeAndre Hopkins (HOU) vs. SF – Finally a plus matchup for Hopkins, he should be able to have his way with these 49ers and hopefully they keep it close enough for him to stay involved all game long.
- Antonio Brown (PIT) vs. BAL -Yes, Smith-Schuster is out. But this Ravens defense is a very tough unit. One that limited Brown to 34 yards the last time they met.
- Keenan Allen (LAC) vs WAS – Keenan allen is on fire, and he plays in a matchup that isn’t great, but one that the Chargers need to win to stay relevant.
- AJ Green (CIN) vs CHI – Green had his best game of 2017 last week, he’ll have a good chance to replicate that with Mixon likely to be out.
- Brandin Cooks (NE) @ MIA -Cooks disappointed last week but he’s primed for a bounceback against the Miami Dolphins
- Julio Jones (ATL) vs NO – Julio has had periods of extremely high production and other weeks where he’s off. It’s a tough test against the Saints but he’s trustworthy.
- Adam Thielen (MIN) @ CAR – Thielen will need to get back on track if he’s going to stay on the WR1 lists, he’s had 2 straight disappointing weeks.
- Larry Fitzgerald (ARI) vs TEN – As always, Fitzgerald is a much higher PPR option than in standard leagues. Could be another double-digit target week for Fitz.
- Michael Crabtree (OAK) @ KC ¬– Amari Cooper will likely be out. Crabtree is my sleeper this week.
- Michael Thomas (NO) @ ATL – Michael Thomas is a victim of the “face in the crowd” effect going on in New Orleans’ diverse offense. I like his chances to score this week though.
- Marvin Jones Jr (DET) @ TB – Jones is a great PPR play against a weak defense in Tampa.
- Tyreek Hill (KC) vs OAK – Coming off the best game of his 2017, Hill hopes to recreate what he did against Oakland earlier this year.
- Alshon Jeffery (PHI) @ LAR – Usually a higher-end option than this, Jeffery will have his work cut out against the Rams on the road.
- Dez Bryant (DAL) @ NYG – This week is crucial for Bryant owners. Will he build on last week’s game or will he struggle again?
- Mike Evans (TB) vs DET – My bust of the week, Evans has been disappointing now for a few weeks, and this game is tough.
- Doug Baldwin (SEA) @ JAX – Even against Jacksonville, Baldwin is a serviceable WR2.
- Jarvis Landry (MIA) vs NE – Landry will try and take advantage of a good matchup.
- Robby Anderson (NYJ) @ DEN – Can he keep his hot streak going against the Denver D?
- Josh Gordon (CLE) vs GB ¬– Is this Gordon’s resurrection? This game will tell us a lot.
- Stefon Diggs (MIN) @ CAR – Diggs has been progressively more involved in the passing game, he could find another gear this week.
- Sterling Shepard (NYG) vs DAL – Shepard might be a sneaky DFS play in PPR, as he’s bound to see targets from an angry Eli Manning.
- Marquise Goodwin (CHI) @ HOU – Sneaking up the weekly leaderboards, Goodwin is startable against the Texans.
- Davante Adams (GB) @ CLE – Green Bay’s only decent receiver looks to keep rolling.
- Golden Tate (DET) @ TB – Working from the slot could help Tate avoid a disappointing week.
- Devin Funchess (CAR) vs MIN – I expect Funchess to struggle against the Vikings.
- Jamison Crowder (WAS) @ LAC – Needs a bounce back but this is a tough week.
- Martavis Bryant (PIT) vs BAL – No Juju might make for a good game.
- Cooper Kupp (LAR) vs PHI
- T.Y. Hilton (IND) @ BUF
- Demaryius Thomas (DEN) @ BUF
- Marquise Lee (JAX) vs SEA
- Sammy Watkins (LAR) vs PHI
- Nelson Agholor (PHI) @ LAR
- DeSean Jackson (TB) vs DET
- Mohamed Sanu (ATL) vs NO
- Corey Coleman (CLE) vs GB
- Dede Westbrook (JAX) vs SEA
- Jermaine Kearse (NYJ) @ DEN
- Ted Ginn Jr. (NO) @ ATL
- Emmanuel Sanders (DEN) vs NYJ
**Sleeper RB for Week 14 — Mike Davis (SEA) @ JAX ** - Mike Davis looks like the best option the Seahawks have at this point. I can understand the hesitance to start a Seahawk in 2017, but he managed 101 scrimmage yards against a stout Eagles defense last week. Now the clear-cut starting RB, he is going to provide a decent floor with some serious upside if he can find the endzone.
Bust RB for Week 14 — Jordan Howard (CHI) @ CIN - Jordan Howard has been up and down all season, but this could be his rock bottom. He got absolutely stunted by the 49ers’ weak defense as he struggles to find any sort of room in the Bears frail offense. Howard has been the #63 and #57 RB over the past two weeks, and he’s hard to start in a road game against the Bengals.
- Alvin Kamara (NO) @ ATL – He is on an absolutely blistering pace. He could definitely have another big game against a divisional rival.
- LeVeon Bell (PIT) vs BAL – Le’Veon Bell finally drops from #1, but not for any reason other his tough matchup and Kamara’s absolutely lava-hot streak.
- Melvin Gordon (LAC) vs WAS – Melvin Gordon is finding his old form again, he’s a PPR dream in a great matchup.
- Todd Gurley (LAR) vs PHI – Gurley has been consistent in PPR this year as a dual threat, but this is a tough matchup.
- LeSean McCoy (BUF) vs IND – Shady has a great matchup but he carries less PPR value than the first four guys.
- Leonard Fournette (JAX) vs SEA – Fournette has had some low weeks recently, he carries a risk warning but is still a high-end RB1 in PPR leagues.
- Mark Ingram (NO) @ ATL – Ingram has seen no effect from Kamara’s emergence, he’s still a fantastic fantasy option.
- Devonta Freeman (ATL) vs NO – His matchup is okay on paper, but I also have a gut feeling that Freeman will have a great game.
- Kenyan Drake (MIA) vs NE – Drake was my best pick last week as I named him sleeper, I’m expecting him to keep it up.
- Rex Burkhead (NE) @ MIA - Burkhead has seen a huge rise in his usage and has emerged as a PPR gem.
- Christian McCaffrey (CAR) vs MIN – Another PPR-only RB1, McCaffrey has a tough matchup but carries a decent floor thanks to his pass catching.
- Samaje Perine (WAS) @ LAC – Perine has seen surprising usage in the passing game, he’s a decent PPR RB2
- Lamar Miller (HOU) vs SF – Miller has a great matchup but has been spotty at best recently, even in great matchups.
- Kareem Hunt (KC) vs. OAK – When, if ever, will the Kareem Hunt bounce back happen. Well, maybe this week, but he stays an RB2 until then.
- Carlos Hyde (SF) @ HOU – Not a good matchup, but with his multiple 10+ target games he needs to be in PPR lineups.
- Jamaal Williams (GB) @ CIN – Jamaal Williams doesn’t have a great matchup this week. He has a decent shot to overcome that however.
- Dion Lewis (NE) @ MIA – A great standard back, but he carries zero PPR bonus.
- Alfred Morris (DAL) @ NYG – He’s underrated, so don’t overlook him in this great matchup.
- Marshawn Lynch (OAK) @ KC – Strictly a runner, Lynch will look to keep his legs churning against the Chiefs.
- Alex Collins (BAL) @ PIT – Monitor his status. It he does start he’s a back-end RB2.
- Latavius Murray (MIN) @ CAR – He’s better on the ground, so he carries RB3 value this week.
- Jerrick McKinnon (MIN) @ CAR – PPR gives him a boost, otherwise unexciting.
- Mike Davis (SEA) @ JAX – My sleeper for this week, if you’re desperate you could do a lot worse than Davis.
- Jordan Howard (CHI) @ CIN – My bust of the week, he could lay another egg against a tough defense.
- Peyton Barber (TB) vs DET
- Jay Ajayi (PHI) @ LAR
- DeMarco Murray (TEN) @ ARI
- Adrian Peterson (ARI) vs TEN — Questionable: Neck
- Orleans Darkwa (NYG) vs DAL
- Giovanni Bernard (CIN) vs CHI
- Travis Kelce (KC) vs OAK – Thanks to Gronk’s suspension, Kelce is king this week. He’s got a great matchup anyways.
- Jimmy Graham (SEA) @ JAX – Graham has single-handedly earned some fantasy owners a playoff spot, he should keep rolling.
- Evan Engram (NYG) vs DAL – Maybe Engram is a TE1 after all, last week sure helped that case.
- Delanie Walker (TEN) @ ARI – He has a great floor, as solid as they come at the TE position.
- Hunter Henry (LAC) vs WAS — Probable — Knee – Hunter Henry is a rising star, he should be a great play this week against the Cardinals.
- Kyle Rudolph (MIN) @ CAR – Rudolph is somewhat TD-dependant but he’ll be utilized heavily against the Panthers.
- Zach Ertz (PHI) @ LAR — Questionable — Concussion – Monitor his status, if he is a full go he’s a Top 5 TE.
- Cameron Brate (TB) vs DET – Brate is happy to have Winston back. He looks to keep rolling.
- Jason Witten (DAL) @ NYG – Witten has a great opportunity to produce points this week against the lowly Giants.
- Ricky Seals-Jones (ARI) vs TEN – He’s got sleeper potential this week, but I’m not willing to stake my fantasy season on him unless absolutely necessary.
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins (NYJ) @ DEN
- Jared Cook (OAK) @ KC
- Jack Doyle (IND) @ BUF
- Trey Burton (PHI) @ LAR
- Stephen Anderson (HOU) vs. SF
- New England Patriots @ MIA
- Pittsburgh Steelers vs BAL
- Cincinatti Bengals vs CHI
- Seattle Seahawks @ JAX
- Los Angeles Chargers vs WAS
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs SEA
- Minnesota Vikings @ CAR
- Green Bay Packers @ CLE
- Buffalo Bills vs IND
- Denver Broncos vs NYJ
- Tennessee Titans @ ARI
- New York Jets @ DEN
- Dallas Cowboys @ NYG
- Houston Texans vs SF
- Arizona Cardinals vs TEN
- Stephen Gostkowski (NE) @ MIA
- Greg Zuerlein (LAR) vs PHI
- Wil Lutz (NO) @ ATL
- Harrison Butker (KC) vs OAK
- Matt Bryant (ATL) vs NO
- Dan Bailey (DAL) @ NYG
- Matt Prater (DET) @ TB
- Justin Tucker (BAL) @ PIT
- Jake Elliott (PHI) @ LAR
- Chris Boswell (PIT) vs BAL